$ Keval.workExperience > "Software Engineering Intern - Viasat Inc., Seattle, USA (June 2018 - August 2018)"
• Built a next-generation orchestration platform for 12-factor apps at Viasat, to meet the need for a simple platform to run general-purpose (e.g. web) apps with little operational overload
• Developed the REST API and CLI for the platform. Modeled the PostgreSQL database and used Object-Relational Mapping for Golang to reduce development time and achieve a richer query capability
> "Software Development Engineer - BU Spark, Boston, USA (January 2018 - May 2018)"
• Increased the revenue by 40% by developing a Recommender System for a Social Interior Design Company called Printz, and revamped their E-commerce platform for better customer retention
• Built a dynamic website from scratch using Bootstrap, PHP and MySQL, for an upcoming venture aimed at motivating children as well as adults to pledge to a healthier and a sustainable lifestyle
> "Research Assistant - Boston University, Boston, USA (December 2017 - May 2018)"
• Developed an Autonomous Race Car with an objective to train a model that can provide coarse grained localization without GPS, to compensate mainly for loss of localization or to detect spoofing
• Examined different approaches to develop new algorithms for Computer Vision involved in Autonomous Vehicles, to address the current safety concerns
> "Embedded Software Intern - Eduvance, Mumbai, India (June 2016 - July 2016)"
• Assisted in developing customized solutions for projects on Embedded Systems and Internet of Things, worked on Linux OS and used C++ as the programming language
• Worked on ongoing projects involving Home Automation and contributed using the ARM mbed platform
$ Keval.extraCurriculars > "Educator - Citizens' Association for Child Rights, Mumbai, India (July 2016 - October 2016)"
• Under their computer literacy program, taught computer basics and applications like MS Paint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint to 5th grade students in the Jayantilal Municipal School
• Introduced the students to programming languages like C++ and Python
> "Event Manager - Undergraduate College of Engineering, Mumbai, India (August 2015 - May 2016)"
• Organized and managed various events like Robotics, C++, Python, Java Programming Workshops, tournaments for Soccer and Cricket during college festivals
• Managed and directed a team to work under rigid deadlines and a budget constraint
> "Coordinator - Lions Club of Mumbai, Mumbai, India (September 2016)"
• Volunteered and coordinated in a cleanliness drive at Girgaum Chowpatty and various other locations, to extend help to the BMC team involved in the task of cleaning the beaches and other polluted areas all over Mumbai after the Ganpati Festival